SunPy is an open-source project built by volunteers to provide a free high-quality alternative to the IDL/SolarSoft. It supports images, time series and spectra data types, while offering tools to search and download data, ephemerides and much more.
My roles in this project are:
- Core developer
- Vice-chair of the organization - (18 March, 2014 - now)
- Organizer of summer/semester of codes and mentor students
- Co-maintain blog and twitter feeds.
- Disemminate through workshops and conferences.
- Apply for grants to produce extra development